Preparing for a Princess Mini or Children’s Couture Photos | Houston Children Photographer
Today on the blog I’m going over preparing for Princess Mini or Children’s Couture Photos.
I’ve created a list of 10 tips on how to prepare for your upcoming princess mini or children’s couture photos.
Before we get started, here are some important things for you to know:
- Since each session time is limited, it is very important to show up between 5-7 minutes before your scheduled session time.
- Parking Instructions: Because all studio sessions take place at our home studio, please park on the side of the curb, and refrain from blocking the driveway.
- For safety reasons, I also ask that you ring the doorbell prior to entering. Upon entry, please take a seat on the bench in the foyer.
Preparing for Princess Mini or Children’s Couture Photos
- Arrive at your scheduled session time 5-7 minutes early. If you arrive too late, your session will be cancelled and you’ll lose all monies paid.
- Don’t forget to feed your child/children before the session (bonus if they’ve had a nap).
- Make sure you have a backup outfit for each child just in case.
- Don’t change your child/children into the/their session clothing until after they eat.
- Bring a “muscle” shirt for boys and biker shorts (in white, nude, or a neutral color) for girls if you’ll be borrowing from the client closet.
- Bring along their favorite toy or blanket, this will help them to feel comfortable during the session (it’s always smart to have a bribe in place such as fruit snacks, candy or a toy).
- Talk to your child/children about the session and explain what’s going to happen.
- Talk to your significant other about the session, how the session will go and discuss what your expectations are.
- If there will be more than one child at the session, remember to coordinate instead of match. In addition, please ensure all outfits are wrinkle-free by keeping them on a hanger.
- Two days prior to the session, pack a bag with what you will need on picture day: snacks, props, wipes, hairbrush, emergency items, etc.).
Houston Children Photographer Tips and Posts
8 Family-Friendly Activities in The WoodlandsIf you live in The Woodlands and have a family, chances are you’re looking for ways to keep the kids busy, entertained, and out of your hair. And if you don’t have kids, chances are you’re still looking for ways to get out...
Best Weekend Road Trips from Houston From Houston to Austin, to San Antonio and beyond, the Lone Star State offers the best of both worlds. Whether it's family time in the outdoors, a night out in Austin's vibrant downtown area, or a little culture in the Hill...
The Best Indoor Playgrounds and Activities in Houston - Houston Children PhotographerAre you looking for an indoor playground option for your young children? As much as kids love to jump and play at Urban Air, it doesn’t feel like it’s the safest for small kids. Due...
Fairytale and Children's Photos in HoustonThis was one of my most memorable and loved kid photoshoots in Houston. It was a Fairytale and Royalty Children’s Photo Session of a charming prince or ‘beast’. Disney’s Beauty and the Beast is one of my favorite Disney...
Studio Spring Minis in Houston - Porter, TXIf you're wanting classic and timeless photos of your kids this spring, you're in the right place! These Studio Spring Minis in Houston will be photographed in my home studio located in Porter, TX. The Spring Mini photo...
5 Best Dance, Gymnastics, and Performing Arts Programs for Children in KingwoodAre you looking to enroll your child into a local dance, gymnastics or performing arts program in Kingwood? Today on the blog I’m giving you the 5 best dance, gymnastics and performing arts...